The following National Rifle Association courses are offered:
- Refuse to be a Victim - Strategies and techniques to protect yourself against criminals and crime.
Firearm Skills Classes
- Home Firearm Safety – To teach the basic knowledge and skills and to explain the attitude necessary for the safe handling and storage of guns in the home.
- First Steps Orientation – Provides beginning shooters with an introduction to the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to own and use a specific pistol, rifle or shotgun model safely.
- Basic Rifle – To teach the basic knowledge and skills and to explain the attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting.
- Basic Pistol – To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a pistol safely.
- Basic Shotgun – To provide beginning shooters with an introduction to the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to own and use a specific shotgun model safely.
- Basics of Personal Protection In the Home – To develop in the students the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law abiding citizen’s right to self-defense.
- Basics of Personal Protection Outside the Home – This course is designed to help develop the student’s knowledge, skills, and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective use of a concealed handgun for self-defense outside the home.
- Advanced Defensive Pistol
Instructor Level Classes
- Range Safety Officer -
- Basic Instructor Training – Assists instructor candidates to develop the additional knowledge, skills and techniques needed to organize and teach courses in the NRA basic firearms training programs.
- Basic Pistol Instructor
- Basic Rifle Instructor
- Basic Shotgun Instructor
- Personal Protection Inside the Home Instructor
- Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor
- Chief Range Safety Officer
See the Event Schedule for dates and courses.